Exams/ece241 2014 q7a
Design a 1-12 counter with the following inputs and outputs:
- Reset Synchronous active-high reset that forces the counter to 1
- Enable Set high for the counter to run
- Clk Positive edge-triggered clock input
- Q[3:0] The output of the counter
- c_enable, c_load, c_d[3:0] Control signals going to the provided 4-bit counter, so correct operation can be verified.
You have the following components available:
- the 4-bit binary counter (count4) below, which has Enable and synchronous parallel-load inputs (load has higher priority than enable). The count4 module is provided to you. Instantiate it in your circuit.
- logic gates
module count4( input clk, input enable, input load, input [3:0] d, output reg [3:0] Q );
The c_enable, c_load, and c_d outputs are the signals that go to the internal counter's enable, load, and d inputs, respectively. Their purpose is to allow these signals to be checked for correctness.
module top_module ( input clk, input reset, input enable, output [3:0] Q, output c_enable, output c_load, output [3:0] c_d );
Write your solution here